Bella Murphy, Akiley Love, Arsenio Hall, Eddie Murphy, Shari Headley, KiKi Layne and Paul Bates star in COMING 2 AMERICA
Photo: Quantrell D. Colbert
© 2020 Paramount Pictures
**Due to Covid-19 restrictions, this is an online competition. You are able to participate in this competition in the comfort of your own home or salon. You will complete and submit the 60 second video following the requirements in the guidelines below.**
What you will win:
PRIZES: To be determined
This Showcase ends:
March 6, 2021
Competition Fee: Free
“BB Goes to Zamunda”
The long-awaited sequel, “COMING 2 AMERICA” has finally reached the Amazon platform and debuts THIS March 2021. The sequel to the 1988 blockbuster movie “Coming to America” is slated to take the world by storm. Amazon Studios and Bronner Bros.®️ are partnering together to recreate the “iconic styles” that capture the essence, symbolism, and majestic looks of African culture, royalty and flare in the “BB goes to Zamunda Challenge”. This challenge encompasses the male and female model and is open to all Cosmetology and Barbering professionals. We invite you to create your interpretation of Zamunda Culture 2021. Your video should be a 30 second, crown to sole look displaying the broad spectrum of looks that highlight Fantasy Zamunda Avant Garde, tripped out locs, crowned braids and carved tapered African design lines to showcase the edgy and royal side of editorial hair artistry that our industry is known for cultivating and producing.
So you are ready to show the world your version of Zamunda Culture? Sign up today!
The Fee for this competition is FREE
Please register before it is too late!!!
For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will contact you within 48 hours.
Competitors please note: The head is the canvas and the models natural hair has to be incorporated into the headpiece. The headpiece MUST be built into the foundation of the hair. The appearance of wig (wiggy looking) creations are usually highly penalized. The models face must be visible to be seen by the audience and for the safety of seeing the runway.
Theme: “ZAMUNDA CULTURE”
Be sure to dress your model to radiate the look you have chosen. This competition will be judged by the complete look from head to fingertips to toes.
Competition Rules: By registering for this challenge, you are agreeing to all the guidelines and the individual rules of this challenge.
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES, RULES AND REGULATIONS
“Ignorance of rules excuses no one”– is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law or rule may not escape penalty for violating or not doing that law or rule merely because because he/she was unaware of its content. Please read all the guidelines and ask questions when something is unclear.
- This competition is open to all licensed Professional Cosmetologist. You must upload your license and state issued ID during the registration process.
- This competition does not limit or restrict by race, gender, creed color or nationality.
- Only ages 18 and older are allowed to compete and be models.
- Competitor has to make sure that the model signs and submits all paperwork and waivers to participate or risk disqualification.
- MODELS: You MUST provide two forms of ID to registration for this competition to show proof of your age and a photograph (for example, a birth certificate and driver’s license or a birth certificate and a passport or a birth certificate and a school ID card with your name on it). Because age can be deceiving, your model must prove their age. Proof that the model is at least 18 years of age. Without it, the model cannot be used.
- COMPETITOR: Must upload active proof of licensure in your state of residence. Please contact email@example.com if your state does not require licensure for further details.
- Due to the complications and safety surrounding this pandemic, we request that you use a model that is in your household (over 18) or use yourself as your model. Our industry was hit really hard and we lost some great talent. Please be safe in all your decisions. We ask that you and your model wear a mask in the video. Be aware that if you choose not to, it is at the risk of contracting and/or spreading Covid-19.
- By participating in this Contest/Competition, all entrants and models irrevocably and forever agree to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Bronner Bros. and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim, liability, injury, damage, death, loss, expense, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest/Competition or acceptance, receipt, travel related to, inability to use, or use of any prize. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and their agencies to use the participating entrants’ and models’ name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, including without limitation Internet, unless prohibited by law.
- Current Bronner Brothers employees, platform artists, and educators cannot compete to win in this competition. A minimum of 1 year of non association is required to qualify to be considered in the top 3.
- Have you models makeup completed and attire already on when the video begins.
- Competitor will provide all materials, attire, hair, tools, and equipment needed for the completion of this finished look.
- Hairpieces and postiches can be pre-done and used for installation on the video. They are to be positioned and attached to the models head during the allotted time frame – RECOMMENED 15min. (Then upload the time lapsed portal in the registration portal. No more then 15 min video- sped up to only be 30 seconds). Photos of the process must be submitted to be included with your submission video for judging.
- Wigs creations can be submitted but NOT included in final top 10 judging. The models natural hair must be the visible base for any styles submitted for winning positions.
- The texture disposition of the models hair does not matter. (Permed, locs, natural, etc.)
- The model is not allowed to assist with any portion of hair completion. Only holding the hairpiece for pinning is allowed.
- Any method of setting, gels, fixatives and coloring agents may be used to achieve the finished hairstyle.
- Be sure to attach the head piece to your models head and make sure that it will not fall off during the 1 minute video. Your model must walk with the head piece on during the video. Please slow the final walk in the time lapsed video.
- Judging will be done on a visual basis only. We will not request for the creation to be disassembled on camera.
- Body Art is allowed with ABSOLUTELY NO nudity. ALL GENITALIA MUST BE COVERED OR RISK BEING DISQUALIFIED.
- During the video recording, follow all of the requirements outlined in the confirmation email. Only the competitor and model are allowed in the final video, no exceptions.
- Judging will include theme (Zamunda Culture) hair, headdress, clothing, make-up, nails, and accessories. Entries will be judged on the total appearance of “BB Goes to Zamunda”. Please make sure that you are complete in every area.
- Up close before and after photos are to be sent of your model. Please upload front, left, right, back and full body. We need to be able to see texture and smoothness in the photos.
- No live animals, reptiles, or fish are allowed as props. If doing a Fantasy Style. The Hairpiece(s) cannot cover more than 1/3 of the models head. (Points will be deducted). You can click HERE to review 1/3 of head preparation video.
- For clarity: 2/3 of the models hair and head must be visible and uncovered.
- Hair and jewelry are both included in the total size of the foundation/base attached to the models head.
- When beads, rhinestones, and other ornaments are attached to the headpiece, and touching the models head, they add in to the total headpiece foundation/base of 1/3.
- Hair ornaments must be made of 85% hair. The entire design must be made of 85% hair. (Human or synthetic hair of any color).
- The finished style must be part of the model’s total look. The hairstyle and attire must compliment each other. The attire must tie-in with the hairstyle and theme.
- It is the responsibility of the the competitor to make sure that the model has had food and ample hydration (water) before and during taping of the video for the competition.
- The artist/competitor must sign and submit the official entry application agreeing with the Rules and Regulations. Also competitor and model must sign a liability waiver, accountability statement, and background affidavit permissions. In doing so, the competitor agrees to abide by the decision of the voting and/or judges.
- Please site all of you participating professionals: Make up artist, nail tech, wardrobe coordinator, body paint artist for proper recognition and instruct them to complete the waiver linked in the confirmation email.
- ALL JUDGING DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
- After registration, you will receive a confirmation email outlining more detailed competition information. The final date for the completed video submission is included in this confirmation email. If you do not receive the confirmation email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your payment and registration. Please put in the subject line of the email “Confirmation Email needed.”
- The SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT to require a minimum number of competitors. There must be a minimum of 10 contestants by the start of the competition.
- PROHIBITED looks: No grotesque – No Horror – No Cult – No Monsters or you will not be uploaded to the site. You will be disqualified. ALL finished looks must be based in BEAUTY. Dark painted and fierce faces may be considered Horror from past TV shows and Super Hero looks. If your child will run from the look, it will not be suitable for our stage.
- READ AND FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES, RULES AND REGULATIONS
FYI: Chairman of Judges, Dave Ray, has a collection of videos to help you better understand parts of the competition?
View them here:
In past Beauty Shows, competitors that chose to disregard any rule had significant point reduction and severely decreased their opportunity to win the competition.