GENERAL RULES & REGULATIONS
REGISTRATION DEADLINE February 10, 2017
THE COMPETITOR MUST PURCHASE ADMISSIONS IN ADDITION TO THE COMPETITION FEE!
- By paying your registration fee, you are agreeing to all the General Rules and Regulations as well as the individual rules and Regulations of each competition.
- Only currently licensed Cosmetologists or enrolled students qualify for entry into the event. All competitions are under the jurisdiction of the competition chairperson. Decision of the competition chairperson shall be final in matters concerning conduct and regulation of the competition.
- No Children under 12 are allowed on the Exhibit floor, back stage or in the area for this competition. Click here for our onsite DAYCARE options.
- Only the competitor’s model will receive complimentary admission on to the exhibit floor.
- Current Bronner Brothers employees, platform artists, and educators cannot compete in this competition. A minimum of 1 year of non association is required to qualify.
- Licensed Barbers and Cosmetologist must be current and registered with the State Board of Cosmetology and have your ID number and State issued ID available.
- Once the competition begins, competitors and/or models may NOT leave the competition area without the permission of the competition staff. Failure to comply will result in disqualification.
- All competitors must be present in the competition area no less than 15 minutes prior to their competition check in time. Competitor(s) may set up 15 minutes prior to competition. There will be a briefing on rules 15 minutes prior to competition. Any competitor arriving late will not be allowed to compete. Arriving late during check in time will result in forfeiture of all investments. Please plan travel accordingly and keep in mind that the registration area lines may be very long. Please check surrounding area traffic. The Stadium is being built next door to the GWCC. There may be detours. Please check in on time at the assigned registration kiosk in the registration area. Under no circumstances will competitors arriving late be allowed in the prep area one the door has been closed. Security will be present.
- All work MUST be done on site, unless otherwise noted.
- LEGALLY MALE OR FEMALE: If your models gender is questioned, you or the model MUST be able to present legal paperwork and/or ID that your model has had all medical procedures and legal name changes that register him/her with the state he/she resides in as a male/female. (State issued ID or driver’s license-with watermarks and coding registering his/her as male/female will be accepted.)
- If a competitor has won first place in this Bronner Bros. Competition in the past, he/she may not enter the same competition for five (5) years. He/She may, however, enter any of the other Bronner Bros competition to compete.
- Any competitor or model found not complying with the Bronner Bros competition rules before, during or until the close of the show is subject to possible disqualification and/or point deduction. In the event disqualification occurs after awards and/or prizes, cash or otherwise, have been distributed, the disqualified contestant must return their trophy as well as any and all prizes to Bronner Bros staff. He or she will also be prohibited to participate in any Bronner Bros or Bronner Bros affiliated competitions for one year.
- At no time during a competition should models assist the competitor in any capacity.
- Models may not blow dust, use noise makers, or twirl a baton or perform any onstage theatrics. Models are prohibited from performing flips and stunts while on stage. If a staff member asks the model to stop breaking these rules it will be at the discretion of the floor judge to disqualify the competitor for inappropriate model behavior.
- Competitor must provide Bronner Bros. with documentation of any health conditions that may inhibit your depth perception for stage occupancy 2 weeks prior to the start of the show. It is a platform 24-36 inches off the ground.
- Animals and reptiles are strictly prohibited from participation in all competitions as a prop or accessory.
- Medically trained assistance animals are permitted with prior authorization (2 weeks advance notification with proper paperwork from physician) and registration of the animal with GWCC. See GWCC website for more information.
- Competitors must supply ALL necessary products and supplies, products must be wrapped or in unlabeled containers. (Unless it is a Bronner Brothers Product- See website for product listing)
- If any person has previously judged ANY Bronner Bros. competitions, you can no longer enter a Bronner Bros. Competitions at any time.
- Absolutely NO BLOW DRYERS on stage during competition.
- Professional and stately attitudes must be maintained at all times during the competition between judges and other contestants. Any actions that are deemed inappropriate and brought to the knowledge of Bronner Brothers will be discussed by Bronner Brothers staff and if confirmed, the contestant accused will be disqualified.
- No nudity, grotesque, horror, cult, racial profiling attire or monsters allowed.
- Only tables and chairs will be provided at the competition’s briefing site. (Electricity will be provided only when indicated in specific rules and electrical appliances must be 110 volts and no more than 1500 watts.) Ceramic stoves and Marcel Irons will not be allowed. Flat irons and curling are allowed for specified competitions. Please check the specific competition Guidelines for items allowed in that competition.
- ALL COMPETITORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN PERSONAL BELONGINGS!! Bronner Brothers is not responsible for theft or lost items. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please see the specified site for Lost and Found in the Georgia World Congress Center.
- Absolutely no persons are allowed in the competition prep room but contestant and model. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Otherwise points will be deducted.
- Bronner Bros. is not responsible for any injuries incurred during the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- Bronner Bros. reserves the right to cancel any competitions with less than five competitors. In the event of cancellation, competitors will be notified.
- Only one set of hands are allowed on the model entered. Only 1 stylist to perform the finished look desired. Any coaching, outside help or outside hands are PROHIBITED. If proven otherwise, the stylist will be disqualified and all investments forfeited.
- All extra personnel must register and purchase armband prior to entering the competition for viewing.
- Food is not permitted in the briefing room, backstage or on the competition floor. At no time will smoking be permitted in the Georgia World Congress Center.
- Coaching from the audience will cause competitor to be penalized.
- If at any time a competitor has an issue with the results or decisions of judges it is mandatory that it be discussed in a respectful manner. The Judges will be available after the competition to ask questions and give constructive critique for future competitions. If the competitor insists on acting disrespectful, it will be at the discretion of the judge to not allow that competitor to compete in any or all upcoming Bronner Bros. competitions.
- Models and Contestants 18 and over must sign an official Release Form at time of check in. The competitor(s) must sign and submit the official entry application form and required fee (If applicable). All competitors parents/guardians must be present and sign a Bronner Brothers model’s release form when registering a contestant/competitor that is under the age of eighteen (18) years of age. No refunds or credits of entry fees will be issued.